Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fly, birdy, fly



   My boyfriend left to U.S this morning after coming back for a month due to summer holidays. I didn't cry as much as expected. Maybe I've gotten used to the fact that I AM in a long-distance-relationship. I remembered the day he first left, exactly a year ago, I cried my eyes out. Bloody hell, I didn't know if I was crying because my boyfriend will be 8776.19 miles away from me, or because my eyes hurt from crying. Either way, both did hurt.

   I never did picture myself being involved in a long-distance-relationship. But hey, the best things come unexpected right? Many people were shocked that they actually knew someone who is in an LDR (long-distance-relationship). They asked me 12345678910 questions about it, some so ridiculous, even I can't answer. Yeah, I'm 18, I shouldn't be tied down to a guy thousands of miles away, I should instead have fun with different guys to "experiment", but it was solely MY choice to be in an LDR. NOBODY can & will change my mind about it.

   It's difficult, to be in an LDR, I'm not going to lie. The time difference is ANAL, I swear! Where Meanie (my boyfriend cos he's mean) is, California/LA, is 15 hours behind Malaysian time. So it's harder for us to communicate. When it's day time over there, it'll be midnight here; When it's at night over there, it's in the morning here. We're both in college, so our days are basically fully occupied. Our nights? Taken by homework & assignments, besides having a little social life. Why am I still in an LDR? This is why:

1) We communicate much more. Instead of just fighting/arguing & having make-up sex or anything physical, we talk things out, figure our faults & apologise if one of us are in the wrong.

2) We appreciate one another more. With that much distance between us & not being able to physically be together for many months on end, the feeling of the day when we are finally able to be in each other's arms again is such a feeling that no one is able to describe.


3) We are more open with each other. Once again, because of the distance, we communicate so much more compared to other couples. When I'm having PMS & start to get a little cranky, he'll just stop whatever he's doing to ask me "are you having PMS?". When I get mad or annoyed at him, I tell him "I'm mad at you", & he'll ask why & say "Okay, talk to me when you're calmed down". & I do, so he knows what cheeses me off, & I know as well, what he doesn't like.


4) Our relationship is based mainly on trust. I see so many couples fighting over little petty things & they voice out their annoyance at one another publicly on Facebook & Twitter. Many often fight about their girlfriends/boyfriends hanging out with other boys/girls. For example, GF gets mad at BF for hanging out with another girl, accusing him of liking her & cheating, simply because they were together in public. For me & Meanie, we hardly have that. We both know who each of us is going out with without asking stupid questions, & we both trust each other NOT to do anything stupid with anyone. We've made a pact about it.

   So there, these are the main reasons why I'm in an LDR. He's going to be there for at least another 3-4 years, & who knows where I'll be after I finish my A-Levels next year. Either way, we've made it through a year, & we're both sticking to each other, through thick & thin.

   It hurts that I can't see my loved one in person, but it's not about sight. It's about how I feel about him deep inside. As long as we're in a relationship & we're happy, nothing else matters. Signing off, au revoir, bebe.

1 comment: